Sunday, September 16, 2012

To my Little brother.

I was reading a blog today about a little boy who's mother just found out that he has a sleight form of Autism.
this got me thinking about my own, grown up, little brother, who also has Autism.

Ryan, is 18 now, and its such a strange thought to me, because he has the mind of a 2 year old, and doesn't look a day past 14.

Ryan was such a detrimental part of my childhood and development as a human. I learned so much from him. he taught me patience, kindness, and an understanding that everyone is different. I never made fun of the different kids.

they already have enough on there plate.

I'm reminded of how difficult it is to grow up with a child that struggles from a handicap. its straining on the family, and especially the parents relationship.

the cases of people being diagnosed with autism is much higher today than ever before ( or that is how it seems) I wonder why .

when technology and medicine are so advanced these days, we still can't figure out what is causing the problems.

I'd like to blame the shots newborns get, because that would be an easy fix, but there is no proof, and you can't do testing. with out the testing being unethical at least.

Ryan is an important part of my life, He is so loved. but to say that having a sibling with autism was rough is an understatement.
I admire parents who have children with disability's, the challenges they face daily, are far greater than anyone will ever know, unless they themselves have experienced the same things.

I hope one day there is an answer for the cause of autism.

to my little Ryan. you will always be the little boy that played hide and seek with me , while i hid for hours :) it was still fun. I love you. even though you always tried to kill my fish... I know you were just feeding them :)

I love you little booooonananaaa! love me.

1 comment:

  1. This made me tear up! You are amazing, Rachelle. I love you and I love lil Ryan so much!

    ReplyDelete