Thursday, September 13, 2012

This is where it began, and where it begins. enjoy!

To those of you who don't know how Mark and I met, and then started dating I will give you the details.
 
 
This is where our story begins. April of last year, I met Mark for the first time.
I was having one of those nights that I often had  back then, I was depressed at home, wondering why my supposed to be boyfriend at the time, wasn't making time for me.
so Leah being the good friend she is, invited me to frozen yogurt with Ammon and her, Ammons cousin had Recently started to hang out with him again, and she told me that he would be joining us too.
 
Not knowing that it was kinda a con into getting me to go out on a date ( the situation with the current BF at the time was very confusing, and I was not with him, but still kinda with him, confused yet? yeah so was I, for like a freaking year! ah ha ha).
Anyways when they came into the kitchen, I had some sort of thought that i needed to be careful because this guy looked like trouble, which he would have been at the time. He was quiet and very nice, he payed for my yogurt, which was unexpected. ( he later told me he had just gotten better from being really sick with pneumonia ) so that's partly why he looked so rough around the edges too.
 
( side note, Anyone who has met Mark, would find it very hard to believe that he may have ever been trouble, but its true, he was.)
 
so i left it at that.
 
and as time passed, and things remained confusing for me, I would hang out with Mark on occasion. these occasions were kinda rare, but he ended up being at my place sometimes because Leah moved in with me, and he hung out with her and Ammon often.
 
We were friends and that was it. I was so wrapped up in my current life altering DRAMA that i didn't even entertain the thought, plus as i said I had heard Mark was a recovering trouble maker, and i had enough on my plate as it was, so I wasn't even going to entertain the thought of that.
 
( remember we become blinded by love sometimes. how silly, but thank goodness for me being silly because everything worked out how it was supposed to.)
 
well it was around October when I kinda took a break from my confusing mess, that I hung out with Mark, we went car shopping, which turned into a search for a Halloween costume, and then lunch. It was a fun time, I went home and told Leah that I couldn't believe how patient he had been with me. because anyone who knows me, knows i can be pretty indecisive sometimes.
 
but I left it at that, I was still holding onto my commitment to this EX. I still wanted it to work and wasn't ready to give up. one of my personality traits, is sometimes i don't know when to let go. at this point i should have walked away from the situation months earlier.
Sadly I Didn't.
 
 
In November I reconnected with this EX, and I was in a very bad spot in my life, I felt confused about alot of things and had kind of forgot everything that mattered to me. For some reason I felt that I needed to try with this terrible relationship until I knew for sure it wasn't going to work at all.
 
to be honest that week I was back with him, I acted in ways that I don't act, and did things that I don't do, or believe in even. It was as though i wasn't me.
 
if you've ever looked back on a situation and felt like the person you used to be is so foreign to you now , that's how it was. like seeing a ghost of me. and I was NOT HAPPY.
 
I went searching for comfort. I went to the friend who had been comforting me during my weird time in life, but I didn't think he would understand, and I didn't think that he and me would work together anyway.
 
so I went along.
 
and I still remember this moment in church, when I sat by Mark , and I realized that maybe, I wanted him to still like me ( he had been interested the whole time, but refused to deal with the situation i had going on, and I thought he was trouble anyway so it worked out )
 
He looked so Handsome in his church clothes.I went home and told Leah, and she told me he was into some other girl, and for some reason I got kinda jealous.
 
which was weird for me.
 
one night after I came home from work, I was feeling really down and so I texted Mark, and he made me go to a movie with him, OK he didn't make me ha.
 
I remember standing next to him in the line to get our tickets, and looking at him and thinking, he is really good looking! how did i miss this before?
 
we had alot of fun that night, and we talked. alot.
 
and then we hung out again, and again, and we talked and talked, about everything.
For some reason, even though I was broken down and kinda defeated in life at that time, he stuck around. ( he said he knew it would be worth it)
 
He understands me, and I get him, we get each other in ways that no one else could. there was a brief period where we were kinda dating but not official that I needed time to figure out what i wanted. it was around February, and we spent like a week not together, and It was a weird week.
I wanted to hang out with him.
 
Long story short, we got back together, and about a month later we became official. I'm not going to say that it was all sunshine and happy, we had struggles, but I knew that I shouldn't give up.
I have never met someone who was so loving, kind, caring, loving to my family, thought they were great, and fit in so well with me and everyone else. He treated me like I was the center of his world, and I'd never experienced something like that before.
 
and you know its good, when now 9 months later I still get a text every night, and almost every morning, saying goodnight, or good morning and that he loves me.
 
Oh how everything works out :) where he was 8 Months after I met him, when I needed him the most was exactly where he needed to be in life, and where I was in life, although I was Sad, was where I needed to be too, so that I could find someone better that actually deserved to date me, that deserves the world from anyone.
I haven't been so happy In so long! I love every minute of it, I love being in love, and being able to feel safe, like everything is going to be okay no matter what.
I'm so glad that I was able to learn so much, from all the things that happened, and I'm so glad that someone decided not to give up on me.
I love Mark so Much, and I'm so blessed to have him.
and i'm so EXCITED TO GET MARRIED TO HIM!!!!
 
I'm so proud of both of us for where we are, from where we've been ,and I can't wait to Spend the rest of my life with this amazing guy. I was going to write about the engagement today, but this post is super long already, so I will try to write that tomorrow.
 
I hope you enjoyed this :)
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment